Tryspaces organizes its first digital laboratory on public spaces1 June 2020
As we were not able to meet in person at the mid-term meeting in Paris in June 2020, TRYSPACES is organizing an online experience for its members to initiate discussions, meet and exchange virtually on important issues of public space. From June 8th – June 12th, the central coordination with the help of members from the four cities have organized different online activities.
On the menu:
- Two panels with researchers, students, partners and youth from Tryspaces about the current and future challenges of public space at the time of COVID-19;
- A participatory comparative workshop on the emerging themes of the Tryspaces case studies;
- An online collaborative mapping activity;
- An “art fair” showing the projects and achievements of the project partners;
- Suggestions for podcasts, videos and readings;
- and much more!
Click here to see the preliminary program.
The current period due to the COVID-19 crisis is changing the way we live in public spaces around the world. There is much to think about in order to analyze the current and future effects of the crisis on public spaces. What better way to reflect together on the current situation and anticipate future impacts on participatory research and on the way young people experience these public spaces than by drawing on the experience of Tryspaces members working directly on these issues?
The digital laboratory will also be an unmissable moment for the active members of the Tryspaces project to meet and to continue advancing their research projects underway.
In addition, at the end of the week of the laboratory, a certificate of participation will be given to all participants.
*The digital laboratory is open exclusively to TRYSPACES’ members