The challenges of public spaces at the time of COVID-1930 June 2020
To begin Tryspaces’ Lab on public spaces 2020, we held an opening panel to investigate the challenges of public space at the time of COVID-19.
This panel seeked to answer the following questions:
- How is the public space in your city practiced and developing in a time of social distancing due to COVID-19?
- How do participatory research and activities usually carried out in public spaces adapt and are carried out in these times of confinement?
- What are the opportunities and limitations?
- Alice Miquet (Conseil jeunesse de Montréal) / Nathalie Boucher (RESPIRE organization) / Sarah-Maude Cossette (Montreal student) on the experiences of digital workshops conducted with Montreal youth;
- Pham Quynh Huong (Hanoi researcher) on the interviews conducted with youth in Hanoi on the subject of confinement;
- Jeanne Demoulin and Marie-Hélène Bacqué (Paris researchers) on the interviews conducted with youth in Paris on the topic of confinement;
- Juan Manuel Erazo, Culturans (techno-artistic partner from Mexico City) on artistic and digital interventions and public space in the time of COVID-19.
Moderator: Célia Bensiali, a student from Montreal whose research interests include digital spaces and youth participation.
To watch the full panel with english (audio) translation, click here:
To watch the full panel without translation, click here: